6 Mar 2016

,

Book Review / Book of Lies by Teri Terry


They are trapped, frozen. Waiting. Straining against the wood that holds them. The unwary catch a glimpse now and then - feel their desperate hunger, see a glint of red eyes - and scurry out of the shadows of the wood, back to the light.

She's coming; it will be soon.


They will run free on the moors again. The Hunt will return.


And the ground will run with blood.

An ancient curse placed on a family of witches foretells that twins will be born - one good, one evil; and one will destroy the other. But who can be trusted when no one is as they seem?





Published:     24th March 2016
Publisher:  Orchard Books
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone
Source:  Review Copy from Publisher

MY REVIEW

What I loved about this story...  This story was so much fun to read.  You have twins Piper and Quinn who at the beginning of the story meet at their mother's funeral and discover that they are, in fact, twins but there's more than meets the eye with this story.  There are definitely a lot of twists and turns in this book and what I enjoyed the most was trying to figure out each of the characters in this book and trying to figure out who were the goodies and who were the baddies.  There is also a great sense of history and destiny in this book, more than what I was expecting.  This story is so much more than what is happening 'present day'.

What I was not fond of with this book...  I couldn't really pinpoint anything in particular that I was not fond of with this book but I have to admit that from reading the blurb I was expecting this to be more creepier than it was but that's just my personal reading experience.  Maybe I bigged it up to be more than what it was

In summary...  This was a really fun easy read with a lot of twists and turns that will keep you on your toes... 






0 comments: